Sunday, October 21, 2012

Attending Conference at Berlin - Travelog Day 5

As usual

Sunrise ... the scene is not that ok :(
As usual, woke up at 4am. Have chit-chat with my kids and my team at Malaysia. Read and reply some emails :).

Around 6am, take a shower, perform solah, and then continue updating my blogs :) as usual...

Then, around 7.30am, went for breakfast and as usual, ate the same food for breakfast. Just that the location has changed... hahaha seat at another end of the restaurant.


The cafe... Kaffeehaus

Me.. with coffee.. in b/w

The cafe... Kaffeehaus

Conference again

The second day conference was really pack and full of presentation that I wish I could divide into few people. There are many presentations that I wish to attend but can't.

During the break, visit the exhibition from various exhibitor including Vattenfall, IEEE PES, ETAP, etc. The Vattenfall shares lots of ideas and I can only remember one - search for papers published or written by Vattenfall staff :). Here are some of the pictures of best speaker...




Solah with Middle-east brother

Around 1.30pm, I went to prayer room in the university and pray with brothers from middle-east. They are fast and not like us... too many istiqomah and slow movement. On top of that, I do confuse when the mention Jamaa'... I thought of Jama' (for travellers) but it is actually Jamaah (pray together)... hahaha... never mind, lesson learn... but I actually perform Jama' together with them...

Conference Dinner?

The conference end up at 6pm. I was thinking to attend the dinner, but then my colleague does not register for that. So, I decided to cancel and went with him and have dinner at Arabic Restaurant, El Reda (the same we had on the first day). Is not that difficult to find a good and halal place to eat here. There are many arabic and pakistani restaurant but they only issue is the location. It is not that far. The nearest is about 1km and the farthest is about 5km from our hotel (Azimuth Hotel). Just type halal restaurant in Berlin and you'll find your way there. The only food that was not here is Malay food (or I can't find it). Not like when I was at Sydney. There are 2 restaurant in North Sydney which belongs to Malaysian and they served Malaysian Food; you can have curry, asam laksa, masak lemak, etc.

But at least you can eat halal food in Berlin and as for me, not Maggi Mee after two consecutive days of having it and at least I can eat a lot :). If I went to the dinner which 8km aways from the hotel, I'm not sure I can ate or not. But we should go there tonight for some pictures :) (if we can... hahaha)

On the way back, stop by a few shops and bought few gifts to get back to Malaysia for few friends and team member.

Not many pictures taken ... but you can see some of the shots taken around TU today here.

That's end my 5 day trip in Berlin... Gute Nacht!

<< Day 4    Day 6 >>

No comments: