Sunday, October 14, 2012

Attending Conference at Berlin - Travelog Day 1


Final preparation

I was a bit unprepared this time. My new baby born a week ago and then I attended training on Elipse Power Studio. Many things to catch up within few hours.

my lovely kids - helping me to pack.. is it? hehehe
In the morning, I have meeting with the team member and our consultant for a pilot project in TNB. Then, I rushed to prepare all required material for attending the conference. I was lucky that Azlia was there to help. Thanks Azlia. The only things that I did not complete was advance money. So, I went to Berlin with limited financial and left to my wife only RM300 for 1 week. Hope it is enough.

After friday prayer, rush back just to sign documents and leave for Eid-Adha for my team member, and sign the advance payment (thanks azlia again for helping out and hopefully can have the money bank-in by Tuesday). Call credit-card bank to activate my card for international used for this 7 days and also call my mobile operator to activate my international roaming. Then
call taxi to book.

Around 2.30pm, rush to Keramat to pick-up my pants from tailor. And then rush back to home. Reach home around 4pm and starts to finish my packaging.

Around 5pm, I call the taxi again and too bad that they just keep silent when there are no taxi coming and it is already 5.30pm when they told me about that. This is very challenging man... another obstacles for me.. hmmm.
But Alhamdulillah, when I went to search for taxi, one of my neighbour whom also a taxi driver was at home. So lucky as he is also going to pick up some people at the airport.

Around 6.30pm, he came to pick me up.

Check-in at KL Sentral

I check-in at KL Sentral around 7.15pm. Then went around to change money to euro. Not much.. just around 200 euro and hopefully my credit card can be use to support the limitation.
In KLIA Express - on the way to KLIA

Around 7.40pm, I depart from KL Sentral using KLIA Express. And reach there around 8.30pm. Met with my colleague there. When for solah and then join him at cafe. Yet to eat, so I've my heavy dinner :), Fried Rice Special with Teh Tarik.

Depart from KLIA

At 9:40 pm, we went to departure section, check in at the immigration counter, and went towards the waiting  area. My colleague look for cigarette.. wow, it is damn cheap. A total for a cartoon is only RM64 which means it is only RM6.40 per box of 20s compare to local market which the cost is RM10 per box of 20s. Hmm... the smoker will never feel the price :)...

Went to waiting area, and open up my laptop while waiting. Later, the plane arrive.

Waiting to depart
This is interesting, we have upper and lower dock. Of course, I'll be sitting at the lower dock. But, it is big. Although it belongs to British Airways, but it was managed by MAS. Around 10:50pm, we went and sit. I have my seat beside the window. Hopefully to get some night scene.

At about 11pm, we depart from KLIA to London as transit before went to Berlin.

Bye-bye KL. Will be back after one week :)

Day 2 >>

No comments: