Saturday, December 10, 2011

Presenting @ IAS 2011

The Conference Banner
On 5th and 6th December 2011, I attended conference at UTeM, Melaka. Travel from rawang (my home) around 6.30am and reach there around 8.45am after take a break at RnR Seremban.

The campus was located at Ayer Keroh, Melaka. Right after the toll plaza, you need to take left turn and then just go straight till you find the entrance. Well, it is a big campus for small university. They only have 6 faculties (if I can still remember what the staff told me).

The conference hall
My presentation was on the afternoon. I'll be sharing my slide and papers here. This time around, all the cost including registration is totally from my own pocket. For that, I removed anything related to my current positions and association to the company. I'm presenting as Master's student of UiTM.

I'm presenting
Alhamdulillah, my presentation goes well although I did forgot lots of information I wished to share with the audience. However, I'm truly glad that few of the audience share their thought and that is something I really appreciate since I did not get any strong input from previous conference. This might be because the scope of the conference was software assurance and security thus it is related to my area compare to other conferences.

Around 7.30pm, I attended seafood dinner arranged by the conference organizer at Parameswara's Seafood located at Umbai, Melaka. Three of us ate food allocated for 6 person... Can't imagine that we were able to finished those.


From left: Zaid, me, Faizal, and other presenter
Receiving cert.

Conference hotel

After dinner.. from left: me, herman, and faizal

me n faizal and others participant waiting for the food

Faizal and herman... waiting for seafood

"Where is that damn seafood" - Faizal ... hahaha

Before seafood dinner... on the bus


Anyway, the next day, I stayed until lunch and then left the conference... Can't stay longer since don't have budget to pay accommodation, etc.

No comments: